Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Some time on my hands...

I could rant about how hard it is to find a job in your chosen field, but I am not feeling enough ire at the moment. I have to confess, I kinda like the whole not running around all the time, not being tired all the time feeling. This week will be the first week that I have spent an entire week at home in, well....ever. We moved into this apartment in September and there has never been a time when I have been in it for more than a few days before running off to work 3 hours away in another state. I actually feel rested and up to the challenges that I face this week at home - which are basically just mundane things like hanging curtains, organizing CDs & fileboxes, and general picking up/cleaning. Those things can seem very daunting though when you are exhausted. I feel rested for the first time in a long time.

Geno, Theo and I went to visit his parents and their two soft-coated wheaten terriers this past weekend. It was great fun. We got together with friends to play some games, went on a romantic dinner at an awesome italian restaurant, and went to a very rousing hockey game. We spent Sunday just chillin out, we had brunch and then took a nice long walk in the park.

Of course I have to add some great pictures taken over this weekend and over the recent holidays...in no particular order...



Princess Amber





My god-daughter, Roxie, trying to take a nap while I meanly keep her awake with my camera.





Roxie doing to George Bush what we would all like to do...chew his head off!





My best friends Ken & Lidia wrapping gifts.





Theo with his toy gingerbread house stuck on his head.






Theo got along with Maggie really well...






It's not as easy as it looks! Our walk in the park...





A cool picture Geno took in the park.





Theo & Noel napping on the backseat.

2 comments:

The Dogfather said...

I'm glad you finally got a chance to catch up... to yourself!

Roxie loves her toys btw, and as you've already read, I'm into mine... ;-)

That is a great pic with the dogs and leashes (gj Geno).

TTFN

The Dogfather said...

You haven't posted in... well a LONG time! Sheesh! It's like you have a real life or something.
;-)

BTW... there *MAY* be new posts up elsewhere...