Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Argggggggghhhhhhh....

Okay, so I was all ready to post about how annoyingly ignorant my cousin has been this week. He has been bugging me to make his boyfriend a separate "no carb" cheesecake for Thanksgiving. I have been replying that while I can make it "low carb", I can't do "no carb" because there are carbs in cheese and I refuse to make something from tofu and call it a "cheesecake" when there is neither cheese nor cake in it. Unfortunately though, he doesn't seem to hear anything I say!

But then I got a call from my mother last night. She came home yesterday to find out that her beloved Gizmo had passed away while she was at work. It was kinda expected, but still, so soon after Nicki passed in August and then Boris...

Gizmo has had a heart murmur since birth, he was the runt of his litter. In the past year his heart murmur has gone from a 3 to a 5 (a 5 is as bad as it gets). In the past couple of months he has made frequent trips to the vet because the murmur has caused his lungs to fill with fluid and naturally this means that he had a hard time breathing.

My mother took him to the vet last night to have him cremated. I am heading down to VA a day early so that I can be there for her. The thing that I am hoping and praying more than anything else is that she doesn't take this and turn it into part of the conspiracy theory in her mind. I don't think I could handle that without saying things to her that I am sure I would regret later. Things that this is not the best time to say anyway.

On the bright side of things, I do get to see my best friend and his wonderful family tomorrow night. Keep on hanging on, as they say...



Goodbye Gizmo...

2 comments:

The Dogfather said...

Just tell your cousin that you can make a no-carb tofeezecake dessert, but you simply refuse to call it cheesecake. (maybe tofoozcake sounds better? Creamy Tofeezy? ok. I'll stop.)

As for the furry warrior -
I am so sorry. I will miss Gizmo. He was the cutest cat pretending to be a dog... or was it a dog pretending to be a cat... Regardless, he was a neat little guy, and I always looked forward to playing with him when headed to the beach.

Run free little Gizmo, no more vet vists for you.

TheDoberwoman said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about Gizmo. :( A candle is burning here in his honor tonight. Hope you're ok. *hugs*